We wanted to post this when most of our audience would be awake. We chose the super-specific time of 8:37 A.M. CST / 2:37 P.M. GMT
Write a blog post inspired by today’s Daily Inkling:
“Difficult But Not Hard”
Spend an hour or so annoying an unfortunate friend, family member, or coworker — preferably someone with a good sense of humor — with the following riddle format:
“It’s X, but it’s not Y.”
X needs to have a word with double letters. For example: butter.
Y needs to have no double letters. For example: margarine.
It’s butter but it’s not margarine.
It’s a tree but not a forest.
It’s coffee but not tea.
It’s an occupation but not a job.
Continue to do it until they catch on or, perhaps more likely, never talk to you again. Report back with the results.
- We’ll post a new prompt every day!
- Inklings are scheduled to go live at midnight CST every morning starting in 2020.
- Write a post inspired by the prompt! Feel free to modify it as much as you like. It is your clay, so model it into whatever form you see fit.
- Leave a pingback to this so others can see it! Simply add a link to this Daily Inkling anywhere in your response post.
- Read/follow/comment on the works of other bloggers of the same post!
We would like to challenge you and these fine bloggers to participate.