It’s Tuesday! You know what that means! It’s time for another Super Specific Suns– umm, Liebster Award. Completely different. Actually it’s not. It works just like all three Sunshine Awards of the past three weeks.
Thank you Megan @ A Geeky Gal for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I’m finally getting around to accepting this one. The way I do things around here is by answering my given questions, then coming up with wacky, super specific questions of my own.
Let’s try to keep the interview potion of the show brief, if that’s even possible for a person like me:
What song would you choose to listen to as you watched the world end?
“Brothers on a Hotel Bed” by Death Cab for Cutie. More accurately, I’d listen to the entire album Plans, and as I heave my final breath, I’d be listening to that song.
Well, we’re off to a chipper start today indeed. You know this is an optimist’s blog, right Megan?
What are your favorite YouTube channels?
I’m subscribed to 161 YouTube channels, and you expect me to link to them all? Ha! Maybe in another blog post, but for now let me hit three random highlights.
Lorerunner | Best long-form media analyses on the planet.
Isaac Arthur | Amazingly high quality futurism videos.
Tater-Tot Tunes | In case you want to rock to some 8-bit remixes.
What book(s) are you currently reading?
Night Operation by Owen Barfield… it’s just taking me a while because it’s so long.
(oh gosh it’s only 75 pages…)
What is your weird blogging tip?
Never blog on less than 200 mg of caffeine.
What Hogwarts house would your favorite fictional character be sorted into?
Oh, you mean Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation? Would the Sorting Hat even recognize him as a person? Doesn’t the 24th-century Federation support the right to choose your own house? Would there even be a need for wizards in an age of warp drive and transporters? What even is life?
Ravenclaw, obviously, due to his endless curiosity and moral compass.
What was the last movie you watched?
I think it was A Quiet Place with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt
Do you have any obsessions right now?
Oh, you require specific details. Right now I’m obsessed with cold brew coffee, Stardew Valley, and using the easy ease effect in After Effects on literally everything.
And of course checking my stats. That’s just what bloggers do.
What would be your review of the tribble you adopted a couple of weeks ago?
Well I had a tribble, but it exploded a couple days after I got it. I looked up on the Internet what may cause an exploding tribble, and Memory Alpha said something about trying to assassinate famous starship captains. It was probably time-travel shenanigans.
What is your favorite podcast right now?
What fictional character would you love to have as your RPG game master?
Let’s do something wild, like have Dr. Frankenstein (read: not Frankenstein’s Monster) use his particular talents to lore-craft an unusual RPG game world.
To obtain a Normal Happenings Super Specific
Sunshine Award Liebster Award, not to be confused with a Sunshiny Liebster Award or a Normal Liebster Award, the following ten of you are requested and required to answer my ten super specific questions in a separate blog post. This is your official invitation.
- Ladydudegamaing @ The LDG Mag
- Mr. Backlog @ Mr. Backlog *
- The Geek at Heart @ The Geek at Heart
- Tektite Tears @ Tektite Tears **
- Mr. Wapojif @ Professional Moron ***
- lisayambo @ OMG Living
- Bambino Blogger @ Bambino Blogger
- monicadelmonico @ Popcorner
- Megan @ A Geeky Gal ****
- The Well-Red Mage @ The Well-Red Mage *****
** Winner of the “Most Awesomely Named Blog on the List” sub-award.
**** Mirror Match!
***** Come on, you know you’re tempted to take on my outlandish questions.
Super Specific Questions
The time has come to once again ask unrealistically specific questions!
- Scavenger hunt! Search though your computer/phone/device and find the most recent picture containing a window. Either post or, if you’re in the comments, describe it in way too much detail.
- What is the most beautiful vista in any video game you’ve played? Here’s the catch: the game must have come out before the year 2001.
- What’s the most obscure musical instrument you can think of?
- How is this even a question?
- A weird side effect of a popular ointment causes humans to grow an antenna after five years of daily use — something that slipped past the drug testing agencies of the world. The antenna has a purpose, though! What is this new appendage useful for?
- Admit it, we’ve all had a weird idea for a movie. What’s yours?
- Through merit, kind deeds, and encouraging words, you are gifted possession of a legendary airship. Go you! Can you come up with an equally legendary name for your new craft?
- In your opinion, what is the most well-done example of obvious nostalgia pandering in any film, TV show, video game, or other form of media? What made it so good?
- The Limited Superpower Bedbug gets its revenge!
Which of the following limited superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to assign theme music for up to five people, to where it will play for exactly ten seconds after they enter or exit a door.
– The ability to turn french fries into green beans at will, but not the other way around.
– The ability to, at will, possess a Marauder’s Map — but it only shows the location of cats.
- Aw, thanks! You volunteered to help me make my grocery list for this week! What three items should I make sure to pick up?
And so we’ve reached the end of my backlog of awards for now — that’s three Sunshine Awards and one Liebster Award. But it looks like two bloggers want me to take a crack at their questions. So next Tuesday I’ll be continuing the spirit of the Super Specific awards by answering questions from Unoriginal love NoteS.
Play along at home in the comments! If I like your answer, I may nominate you for a future super specific award. I’m looking forward to seeing your responses!