It’s time for another week of Nice Job badges! Every blogger deserves recognition for the time and effort they put into their craft. These bloggers just deserve it a little more, that’s all.
Each Thursday I’ll pick out five new blog posts posted within the span of that week — it’s a pentagonal arrangement of excellent publications! Some things:
- If someone makes an amazing post one week, then makes another the next, I will feature them two times in a row.
- However, I will not (typically) feature the same blogger twice on one list, unless I’m really blown away. If so, I may give six badges that week.
- The posts will all be from the current seven day period, though posts made on Wednesdays or Thursdays may overlap with the next week.
- They must be on WordPress or Jetpack-enabled platforms. I’m sorry Blogger bloggers.
- It’s perfectly fine to put the badge on your recognized piece with a pingback to this post!
- Now featuring a weird assortment of colors!
- They are in no particular order because they’re all great.
Games and Grieving | By Later Levels
Nice job, you’ve obtained this week’s GOLD badge!
I think it’s safe to say that everything Later Levels posts is great – you should really go follow if you aren’t already. But this week we were given a bit of an emotional tour-de-force. Well-researched and cited, I thoroughly enjoyed Kim’s exploration of retreating inside yourself after a loss.
Super Specific Sunshine Award | By Unoriginal (love) noteS
Nice job, you’ve acquired this week’s Cerulean badge!
Anybody who responds to my Super Specific Sunshine Award by delivering additional specific questions deserves a badge! Lizardin Bain wants us to confront the classic trolley problem, live the life of a villain, and live the same life over and over again for eternity. Dark, indeed.
Choices Matter Games and Real Life Decisions | By The LDG Mag
Nice job, you’ve secured this week’s Gray/Grey badge!
Recommended by Megan @ A Geeky Gal, this post published today by ladydudegaming looks like it took a lot of work. It’s one of those enchanting long-reads that explores the emotional effects of choices in gaming. Well worth the time.
Recommendation: 5 Stellar Space Operas! | By The Geek at Heart
Nice job, you’ve procured this week’s Neon Carrot badge!
Space operas are my favorite genre of literature/media. That alone gets newcomer The Geek at Heart the nod for a badge. Weirdly, all of the things on the list are #1 — not sure if it’s a typo or a nice touch because they’re all good! Go follow this new and very well-designed blog!
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (1995) | By Mr. Wapojif via The Well-Red Mage
Nice job, you’ve gleaned this week’s Very Deep Red badge!
I can’t imagine there’s anything left for Mr. Wapojif to cover about one of my favorite SNES games. It’s insanely detailed, and I can’t agree more strongly that this game would be a perfect on-the-go title for the Switch.
Did I miss any links you think deserve recognition? Share them with us in the comments!