In what is quickly becoming a Tuesday tradition, I’m going to accept another Sunshine Blogger Award. That’s great, because I have a repository of super specific questions to entertain you all with. Additionally, it allows you, the audience, to discover new blogs through the nominees.
Thank you Justin @ TWOTALL4UFOOL for nominating me for a Sunshine Award! May your blogging adventure be ever as exuberant as your name. The way I do things around here is by answering my given questions, then coming up with wacky, super specific questions of my own.
Looks like 2TALL has delivered me an 11-question gauntlet, so I better get started:
What is the most important thing you’ve learned since you’ve started blogging?
Write intrinsically, because it may seem like a slap in the face when your shallow posts get five times as many views as your deep ruminations. That’s not the point, because your audience needs your fresh takes on important issues in the long-run. That, then, should encourage you to do your best to craft a work worthy of publication.
Anything you want to do with your blog that you haven’t done yet?
Nope, I pretty much write what I want.
What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
That, dear reader, is the whole point of awards, right? You wouldn’t give them to blogs you hate. Basically, see below.
Have you done a guest post for any blogs out there?
Sure, but it was long time ago and wasn’t that great.
Oh, you want me to show you?
If you weren’t blogging as your full time job or hobby what would you be doing?
I’m a graphic designer. I’d love to be a full-time blogger, though.
If the two of us were to play a video game together which one would it be?
*In the voice of the announcer*
SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
Besides blogging and your niche what are your other hobbies/interests?
Retro video games, science fiction literature/TV shows, editing, communications, philosophy, graphic design, web design, accessibility, geography, futurism, cooking…
I’m basically a big nerd.
What do you like about my blog?
2TALL, that is an inspired way to work in a plug for your site! Nice. Well, I like how it thematically ties into your subject matter with precision. Nobody has any doubts what you’re going to be blogging about.
If we were to go to a concert together who would we see perform?
Let’s do it! What bands do you like? I have very eclectic music tastes… just nothing country or rap and I’ll be fine.
What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? I’ve gotten this question on all three awards posts. Two more and I’ll have a Yahtzee! Anyway, it’s Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
What do you enjoy the most when it comes to blogging?
I like getting comments and obsessively checking my stats. Doesn’t everybody?
To obtain a Normal Happenings Super Specific Sunshine Award, not to be confused with a Normal Sunshine Award, a Sunshiny Sunshine Award of Awesome, or simply a Sunshine Award, the following ten of you are requested and required to answer my ten super specific questions in a separate blog post. Consider this your official invitation.
- PTSD Gal @ A Creative PTSD Gal
- Em @ Emily Twenty Something
- short-prose-fiction @ Short Prose
- Thought For A Change @ The Rendezvous club* **
- Emma @ Geeky Tourist
- Tessa @ Mama’s Geeky
- Justin @ TWOTALL4UFOOL***
- GG @ Hungrygoria
- Pix1001 @ Shoot the Rookie
- Kim @ Later Levels****
* Last week’s comment nominee.
** Also, I simply must know the deep symbolism of why the “c” in “The Rendezvous club” isn’t capitalized.
*** Mirror Match!
**** I know, Later Levels, you get tons of awards, but perhaps you’re interested in some really quirky questions?
***** This footnote intentionally left blank.
Super Specific Questions
Let’s face it, this is what you came for. Have fun!
- Text your best friend a potato emoji. What was their reply?
- *RING* *RING*
???: Erm, yeah, this is Beatrix from [your favorite band].
BEATRIX: Seriously! And we need a favor.
YOU: Uh, okay.
BEATRIX: We’re trying to appeal to the Millennial crowd, and we need a weird, hipster album title. We’ll use whatever you come up with! Call us back.
YOU: Hmm… What should I name the album? Also, what is the name of my favorite band?
- You can tame any animal as you would a cat or a dog. They get to live inside your home and become part of your family. Which animal will you tame?
- Take one of your favorite quotes, then jumble up the words!
Example: against be advice The any anybody has actually to has the quality lead of judged they offer life of quality to.
Actual Quote: The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead. – Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Can anyone in your comments reassemble the quote?
- What happened in the last dream you can remember? Tell us all about it in excruciating detail.
- What is a unique dish from your region, country, or culture I should try?
- The year: 2024. After a mediocre Summer Olympics, the Committee is trying to breathe to life into the games before interest goes down. Messaging you on LinkedIn, they elect you to the Olympic committee and grant you one thing. You get to incorporate a new Olympic sport – anything you want! What’s your new sport, how will it work, and why?
- What is the most dangerous lyric in a pop song, if it is taken literally?
For example: “Lightning strikes every time she moves” from the song “This Is What You Came For” by Calvin Harris. Just imagine if that were real.
- Oh no! The limited superpower bedbug strikes again!
Which of the following limited superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to, once a week, go back in time exactly one minute.
– The ability to, once a week, freeze time for exactly one minute.
– The ability to, once a week, go forward in time exactly one minute.
- Self-referential numerical value survey question:
Are my super specific questions weird?
1-2: Not weird at all.
3-4: Kinda weird, but not really.
5-6: Weird, but not anymore than average.
7-8: Yeah, you’re getting up there on the weirdness scale.
9-10: Oh gosh, you’re super weird!
Play along at home in the comments! If I like your answer, I may nominate you for a future super specific award. Looking forward to seeing your responses!